Abolitionist John Brown commissioned a blacksmith to produce hundreds of pikes – deadly spear-like weapons made from iron and wood, for his team of militiamen to raid the armoury and help set enslaved people free. But it ended in failure and Brown became the first US citizen to be executed for treason.
- The History of the Rainbow Flag
- Hawaiian Leis and the Selma to Montgomery March
- What is Memorial Day?
- What is the Department of Justice?
- What are Unalienable Rights?
- What is a Congressional Whip?
- The Teapot Dome Scandal Explained
- What is the Oath of Office?
- Who was George Washington?
- What is the Secret Service?