Girls have used zines, among other forms of self-expression, to redefine fashion and body image, reject consumer culture, and express anger—something girls were not supposed to be. This video explores the history of zines and how girls have used them to talk and talk back. Learn more in the Girlhood (It’s complicated) online exhibition section on Subcultural Stylin’. For more information check out the online exhibition: https://americanhistory.si.edu/girlhood
- The History of the Rainbow Flag
- Hawaiian Leis and the Selma to Montgomery March
- What is Memorial Day?
- What is the Department of Justice?
- What are Unalienable Rights?
- What is a Congressional Whip?
- The Teapot Dome Scandal Explained
- What is the Oath of Office?
- Who was George Washington?
- What is the Secret Service?