Choosing where you want to live seems like a basic right. But before the 1940s, not everyone had that choice because of restrictive covenants – agreements to not sell homes to people of certain races. That was until JD and Ethel Shelley got involved.
- Who was Daniel Webster?
- What is the Mayflower Compact?
- Yarrow Mamout: From Slavery to Financier
- Muckrakers… or Investigative Journalists?
- Madeleine Albright’s Brooches
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: The Notorious RBG
- What is the Secretary of State?
- Sandra Day O’Connor: “Don’t Take the Bait”
- Martha Gellhorn: The War Correspondent who Covered D-Day
- Edith Galt: The First Lady Who Took Control