Democracies are based on the idea that power is held in the hands of the people, and that everyone has an equal right to freedom and self-governance. So how could democratic societies claim to support equality while holding humans in bondage?
- The History of the Rainbow Flag
- Hawaiian Leis and the Selma to Montgomery March
- What is Memorial Day?
- What is the Department of Justice?
- What are Unalienable Rights?
- What is a Congressional Whip?
- The Teapot Dome Scandal Explained
- What is the Oath of Office?
- Who was George Washington?
- What is the Secret Service?